is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Views

 


During the pandemic, I joined a group on Facebook called View from my Window. The point was to have people from all over the world post photos they had taken from their windows. Every day I get to see a beautiful view of Christ the Redeemer from Brazil and other photos from across the the globe. Sometimes there is something so incredible I take a screenshot of it and save it for posting somewhere. Today, that somewhere is here hahaha.



Wherever we look from, our perspective changes the way we feel about it. 

I moved from an apartment on the 9th floor where I could see the sunset over the Baptist Church in downtown Lexington. Now my view is facing East and I can see some of the sunrise through the trees that I view from my window, but I have to learn how to appreciate this, because I have a dishwasher, my apartment is quite inexpensive, and it's in a convenient spot. That's the view from which I must find joy and delight and contentment, and sing solo if need be! 



Anyway, I think today I will try to remember that even though I'm not in the choir anywhere, I can still sing praises to my Lord. And that is what I shall do. I will find a way to sing to Jesus and I will praise the time that I spent at Central Christian Church, and remember it was a heck of a 25 years of spiritual hugs. From learning Mozart to Scripture passages worth their weight in gold, and becoming a Stephen Minister to the dying were all extremely profound experiences. 


I started going to Central Christian the day after Diana was killed in Paris, and I went to lunch with Reverend Mike Mooty that next week, joined the choir soon thereafter. Joining the choir was a life-changing experience, and I will forever be grateful as I have said here many times. 



I cried this past week so much thinking about David Shirey retiring, and my choir is back to its usual self, without me of course.  Life goes on, within and without us. They miss me, but I miss them so much more and it is impossible for me to even go back to that church anytime soon. I am here in Ohio, with no car, no money, and no way to get to Lexington to see another church service at Central Christian Church. 

I can, though, watch it on Facebook today and see the worship service streamed at 11:00, and that is what I shall do. 

Thanks for reading all that, my Lambchops, 

Please pray for peace! 

Kimmy

No comments: