is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, August 28, 2022

September Song

I know I say it often, but I really miss my choir in Lexington! I moved here in Oakley (100 miles north) over a year ago, I have not yet found a choir where I belong; and boy when I see they are going to sing one of my favorites (which is almost every week), I get excited and want to hear it as it's performed. 



This morning in worship, they will sing Passacaglia of Praise, by Craig Courtney. It is one of my most treasured, and the piano part just absolutely rocks! Michael Rintamaa is an expert pianist, he's an even better choir director and apart from all of that he's a great human being. I miss his advice, I miss his leadership and friendship. He doesn't desire any attention, he's that modest, but he's simply the tops.


I say all of that, to say this. Singing in the choir meant more to me than almost anything ever in my life ever did. I played in a wonderful High School band, I also was in a great girl scout troop when I was a child, but singing in the Central Christian Church Chancel Choir was a significant part of my spiritual growing up, it is where i was called to be a Stephen Minister and it all happened 25 years ago. There's that number! I learned over a thousand anthems in those years and more Scripture than I ever thought possible. 

I pray that everyone has a wonderful day today, and please listen to the Central Christian website on Facebook if you can. I do have the music to that piece and I can barely play it on the piano! Lol, I asked Michael R for a copy of it when I first joined the choir 25 years ago. 

Speaking of 25 years ago, I hope you can celebrate the launch tomorrow of the Artemis! It'll be fun to follow its journey, non?!


Well lambchops I don't know why I'm blabbering on and on about that, but I will say thank you for reading this and listening...and please have a lovely Sunday. 

May God bless you, please pray for peace! 

Kimmy

No comments: