is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Saturday, September 24, 2022

September Ember



As September starts its closing week, it makes me wonder what other people have thought of September over the years? After all, it is not like September is the beginning of Spring or Winter, it is a rather gentle month that holds the day that switches us from flipflops to boots, which is kind of calm and breezy, is it not? 



To watch a leaf fall from a tree, and gracefully whirl in the wind until it reaches ground is a beautiful and hypnotic thing, and so September brings about beautiful memories of that happening as I was a child and as I was growing up and as I've grown old. 

September is when we celebrated my father's birthday on the 23rd, in September is when I would go back to school and fulfill my mother's dreams of a straight-A student lol. School was always fun for me, never a challenge, I was one of the lucky ones. "She's smart, but talks too much," is how teachers described me. Could it be all that ☕️ I drank pre-school? Lol.

September will always remind me of Florence Elementary and watching the gymnasium be decorated for Halloween was just a beautiful sight once October made its arrival. I had an idyllic childhood in Florence Kentucky, and I'm a lucky person that can I remember almost every day of those 13 years.

I'm looking forward to Christmas this year, which is less than 100 days away! 🤔 

Pray for me and pray for peace, lambchops, 

Kimmy

No comments: