is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Rest, My Queen



I don't care who you are, Queen Elizabeth II was your queen. She was my queen, even though I'm a United States born American, I owe my allegiance to her motherhood, her daughterhood, her sense of leadership, her sense of loyalty to her country. Queen Elizabeth was the Queen. That's all you can really say...oh, but I have more!

There's not much higher accomplishment anyone could ever strive to be. I knew from the time I was a child that the Queen of England was one of the greatest people on the face of the earth. She died today, in England, and the world is mourning her death. She was 96 years old, and now her son, Charles, is the new king. It will take a while to get used to calling him King and imagining anyone else in the role of leading Britain. Britain deserves the best leadership, and hopefully Charles knows enough by now to run the royal part of the country without too much disarray happening. 

I am watching the many many photos of Queen Elizabeth from the last 96 years or so, and it is incredible to watch on the television. I am reminded of the passing of John F Kennedy in 1964, and when Princess Diana died in 1997. All of the television stations quit broadcasting anything other than photos and bios of the deceased, in their prime, at their weddings, with smiles on their faces and no looming harm in their background. Funerals are strange that way, aren't they? They clarify the world for you, yet break it down so you examine the pieces and can somehow deal with the tragedy of losing a wonderful, productive and peace loving life leader.

The seemingly innocent photos displayed are in fact tearjerkers, most of them make me happy, but many of them remind me of my parents, and many of them make me sad. I'm going to watch the rest of the coverage, which I imagine will be into the night. I just hope the news has something else on at 6:00. 

In the meantime, let us all pray for the United Kingdom, and let's pray for the global family of Queen Elizabeth! 

Love, peace, 

Kimmy

No comments: