is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Misty Morning



There was a blanket of fog in my neighborhood this morning.  Fall is headed my way, despite the heat we're expecting this weekend. 

Sometimes, I feel like we need a fog around our heads when we are experiencing a deep sense of grief. I never expected Queen Elizabeth's death to affect me in a massive way, but the fact that she was a pillar of our society for 70 years, or 96 years if you want to get technical with me, she was indeed a strong buttress of our life here on earth, here in the United States, here in Oakley, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.



From the time I was a child, I recall considering the Queen one of the greatest people on the face of the earth. I never got to meet her, but came close when I was with the Thoroughbred Record, who covered her visit to Keeneland in the '80s.

When you work at a weekly magazine, you are involved with a story if it is on the cover, and in my job I traced down the photos, ran them up to the art department. I had my art director give me the color instructions so we could send them to the printer. 

It was interesting to see how all of that transpired when the Queen came to Keeneland to see a race that was named after her, ultimately. She met the jockeys and that was the scene for the shoot, her shaking the hand of a jockey.

At any rate, I always followed Queen Elizabeth ii. I always followed her family in the press, and admired their fortitude in the face of a number of tragedies over the years. It is astounding to me that the British people are turning out in the droves that they are to honor her during her time of morning. 


It is astounding to me that she continues to command that much respect, even pushing up royal daisies lol. I know that's too soon, sorry! 

I wish you peace, and love,

 Kimmy



No comments: