is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Retirement and Reunion


Well, I went to my 50th high school reunion last night and had the best time! Then this morning, I watched my preacher retire.


I wish I was strong enough to have a "sunrise, sunset" attitude on Reverend David Shirey's retirement after 40 years, but damn, I'm going to miss his voice at the pulpit! 


He has seen me through the last eight years of new family members, and deaths of choir pals & two brothers, as well as trauma caused by my own drama. I'm watching his farewell, which is so touching.

☆Enough about that, lemme tell ya about last night.☆

So I got to the reunion on time, was not sick at all as I'd been during the week, and at the event, spoke to everyone and got hugs from friends I've known more than a half a century. 



From early childhood, there was Joey Claxon, Toni Tucker, Diane Friedl, Winnie Jewell, Peggy Bohart and Ginny Newman. From Ockerman Junior I saw MaryJo Pruden, Joanne Goebel, Peggy Edwards and more I cannot recall, sorry y'all. 

From Boone County High, so sweet to see Kenny Vaught and I got glimpses of BCHS 1970 grad and life pal Linda Massingale, who was attending the 1960-70 BCHS reunion next door.



From Conner, how nice to talk with Peggy Prabel, who I've only seen twice since 1972!  Keith Howard was fabulous as always, along with wife Lori. Tony Utz gave me a ride home, thanks Tony! Cheryl Hodges, Cindy Deglow and Carla Bell were also lovely, along with Connie Kordenbrock and sis Bunny Deely!


Props to Pat Justice and Kathy Lee Estenfelder and the entire reunion committee for putting all of it together! Best one yet, y'all!

Betsy Hendrickson, Pat Craven, Debbie Lee, RaeLynn Strich, Becky Delph, Jennifer Hudson, Debbie Reed and Bill Rowland, Mark Hempfling, Bob Reineke, Mark Free, Kathy Klasner ~ squeezes and hugs to you all! (Note I only used maiden names.)



I know I forgot lots of folks, but wanted to touch base anyway. After fifty years, it felt wonderful to see all these cherished buddies again and find out what's up with them all. I wish I had eaten more, but I'm alive and well, looking forward to the next reunion!

Have the very best day!

Peace,

Kimmy




No comments: