is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Kansas Splash Votes



Finally a state has challenged the recent Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe versus Wade. 

There was an election yesterday to have the people decide whether or not an abortion should be available in Kansas. 

Almost a million people came out to overwhelmingly vote to keep an option for women to choose what goes on in their body.

I have great grandchildren, I have grandchildren, I have a child, and I have been pregnant, obviously, but I need everyone to know pregnancy is an extremely personal experience. Men do not understand. I hate it when people tell me I don't understand, but in this case, men absolutely do not understand. The first man that fills up a tampon with any blood from his body might have a say in the matter, but none of them have ever been through a menses, they have not been through a gestation, they are not female, so they don't know what it is like for your body to change into an entirely different person.

I went from being a child with a healthy appetite to throwing up constantly for 9 months. My father, bless his heart would buy me a lobster everyday on the way home from work. And we would boil it up and I was so happy to eat it but it would stay down about 5 seconds. I'm not kidding it stayed down only as long as it took me to run to the bathroom and throw it straight up. Arrested my development fer schizzle.

At any rate, pregnancy was not Disneyland for me. However my granddaughters are adept at being pregnant -- even with acute nausea -- and delivering and raising young children that are adorable, and I'm happy for them ~ whatever they want to do and decide to do is perfectly fine with me. 



However I worry for myno granddaughters because of the Supreme Court's decision. I do not anticipate that the girls will need to seek the advice of an doctor for abortion, but in case one of them has a problem conceiving, or is pregnant and has an ectopic pregnancy, or cannot produce eggs or have them fertilized easily, there are myriad situations where gynecologists have to make crucial decisions. They need the choice.

And warning...I'm gonna rant...

No, I don't need Elisabeth Hasselback on The View telling me that these babies have a good life ahead of them and we can't judge them and they deserve to have rights. I don't believe that an embryo can survive outside the womb. It is not a person until it breathes, that is my belief. I know too many people who have had fertility problems that had to seek out the advice of


gynecologists who might have had to terminate. 

It is essentially the life of the mother that must first be respected. That is my belief, and I'm grouchy about it, can you tell? Yes, I have my right to my opinion but I do not expect anyone to meld their ways into mine. I don't post my poly-kimmy views anywhere but here, and cryptically in tweets. 

Anyway I'm cooling down after a trek in scorching heat! Gatorade by my side!

 Love, peace, and adorè!

Kimmy


No comments: