is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Mental Health Is Key

Everybody knows that mental health is important. We stress the fact that boredom and isolation are bad for us, we are told all of our lives that it is important to compete yet be humble, be kind but be smart and take care of yourself, and eat three times a day. The last part of that is questionable, for me.
In my effort to help my neighbor, I started an anti-hunger program for the elderly called Stave. Stave was just me, finding out who was hungry in my building, and getting them registered for God's Pantry. Then I would go to The Pantry for them for the first time, and show them how easy it would be for them to get groceries for their cabinets at home.
It has now been three years since I started that program, and with the pandemic ensuing upon us, I stopped doing it about a year ago. Most of the folks I tried to help, have moved or died or simply don't want my help. I am sure there is still someone hungry in my building who needs a hand, and my goal for the next year is to find that person or persons and help them as much as I can.
I still want to move back to Northern Kentucky, where I was raised and all my grandkids and high school friends still live, but I am starting to doubt I will ever be able to do that.
So I will raise my window today, and pay attention to the bells when I hear them ringing, and I will watch for what the weather man says will be rain.
Happy holidays to all,
Kimmy

No comments: