is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Friday, November 20, 2020

Just Listen

It's really not all that hard. All people really want is for someone to listen to them. My neighbor wants to visit all day, he comes over and tries to get in the door, but I never let him in. I realized after I talked to him a couple of times that the guy doesn't listen to a word I say. Now, I say that knowing that I have been trained to listen to someone. That means saying "uh-huh" and "yeah" and nodding or shaking your head when you want to acknowledge what the person is saying.
This guy doesn't remember anything I tell him, and then he tells me he has selective memory. I just select to be alone, and not let him in the door!
I mean really, is it that hard to sit still and open your ears and listen to what someone says? I don't talk about boring stuff, I don't think it is boring, anyway. At any rate, this pandemic is driving everybody crazy, including me. My granddaughter is expecting any day, and I can only hope that I will hear when she has the baby.
I hope she has an easy time of it, and my other granddaughter is due in February, and of course wish her the best as well, I don't know if anybody cares what I think anymore. Life has been kind of tough the last couple of months, and I'm just happy to be alive at this point. I do not run across the street. I do not run anywhere! I take care of myself and eat Honey Nut Cheerios. That's my plan anyway.
I love following a group on Facebook that is restricted to photographs taken from the view from your window. It is comprised of people from around the globe, posting pictures of everywhere from Iceland to South Africa to Australia to New Zealand! It is very cool to see someone in Mount Sterling post, I love to see Kentucky people post on that website.
Finally, a purpose for Facebook that is worth it! What group do you belong to that you like to follow? I really do wonder, Lambchop! Let me know.
Peace to you and yours, Kimmy

No comments: