is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, May 31, 2020

When Will We Live In Peace?

It is Sunday morning, it is the last day of May in this awful year of 2020.
Screenshot from NBC 

Our nation has been filled with riots overnight. Over a hundred cities had demonstrations protesting the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, who died after a policeman knelt on the man's neck for 9 minutes!

No wonder people are pissed off. A black lady in Louisville died just a few weeks ago when the police entered her apartment and began shooting for no reason. They were doing a "no knock" search for drugs, which was botched to say the least. The main reason it was botched was because the police did not have the correct address.

In New York last night, the Brooklyn Bridge was shut down, the Manhattan Bridge was shut down completely!

In Kentucky, Breonna Taylor was shot to death in Louisville last month, actually. She was an EMT, she had no problems with the law, and her boyfriend tried to shoot one of the men who killed her. Then they arrested the boyfriend and charged him with attempted murder, but those charges have been dropped. Why have the charges been dropped? Because of the protests, I hope!

Black people in this country are tired of not being able to walk down the street, jog down the street, studying in their own car, protest the killing of one of their own. Black people are not allowed to do much of anything in this country without the police thinking that they have done something wrong.



Now that I have said that, let me say this. I have never been a discriminatory person. My parents never let us hear the n-word. My parents never let us treat other people who were retarded or of color or of a different ilk than we were differently. My parents were always insistent on equality.

The news this morning is so very sad, the sirens last night were also disturbing, but the worst part is the feeling in everyone's hearts that surround me. I live with a lot of people of color in my building, and half of them hate me just because I'm white. The other half are sweet, wonderful, caring people who listen and speak to me so that I can listen to them. After all, that's what it's all about, isn't it?

Listen, don't just shout, then point your gun. Listen up! There is an important lesson for you to absorb, and let that set into your skin until you can understand what these folks are going through. I know I am hated because of my color, and it does not feel good. I pray for peace; I pray for comfort and I pray for love.

Peace,
Kimmy

No comments: