is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Friday, April 3, 2020

Who At My Door?

This time of year, it would be crazy for people to be singing Christmas songs, right? I have been singing a lot of Christmas songs lately, and also the advent folk hymn Who At My Door Is Standing?

Why are people all over our nation putting up Christmas trees, inviting Santa Claus to their yard to wave to passers-by? Even up in northern Kentucky on the Ohio River, my friend Keith Howard has put up a Christmas tree for folks to enjoy on the river and off.

I think we want Christmas to come sooner than later this year because we want something to hope for, we want a light at the end of the tunnel. Governor Beshear asked the residents of Kentucky to illuminate their houses with a green light every night when we want to remember someone who has died of Coronavirus. I have a green Christmas tree light in my living room, that's going to have to do for now. I'm happy to do it, I love putting up my Christmas lights all year long, and I love singing that advent hymn!
When Coop competed in the state finals, Sammy
organized 5 friends to spell out COOPER on their bodies!

Like everyone else, I have my moments of crying uncontrollably. This pandemic has forced us into isolation and keeps us from seeing our loved ones. I am pretty much an isolationist person anyway, but this is turning into a state of panic, living in a seniors home.

At any rate, today I will celebrate my grandson's 18th birthday. Sammy might be the most compassionate of my grandchildren, although all of them are kind-hearted and reach out to me when they know I need a friend. Sammy is looking at his adult life and he is Young and healthy and has the best attitude! I am so proud of Sammy, I know he will have a wonderful birthday.





No comments: