is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

To Thine Own Self ...

For a long time, I thought the atheist was right, and the Baptist was wrong. The judgmental looks from the Baptist women I met when I moved to Memphis because I was a single mother convinced me the Baptist Church had this whole Christianity notion wrong. They thought that I had to be a certain way in order to be a Christian.

Then, I met a young man who fooled me into thinking he was a brilliant musician and poet, when he's actually a Non-Stop cigarette smoker, someone who cannot open himself to anyone, and he thinks he is a computer expert when he really just wants to destroy your equipment.

My belief growing up was I am a Christian, no matter what. I love my Lord, I love my choir, and I love my church. I cannot endure the little men who come in and out of my life think that I'm going to become fascinated with them because they have no faith in the Lord or anyting else - they are sadly mistaken. The guy who wants to drop by and NOT listen to me, talk about video games, ruin my computer, drink all my liquor, spend the night is not welcome. Hello, you with the attitude? Stay away.

There's a reason "she" left you, and it is because you have no heart. There is nothing you care about, your parents, your sister or your soul. You don't care. So, nobody cares about you. I am sorry, I know I am supposed to forgive and be humble and walk graciously with my God. Some days, though you just have to tell the devil to get the hell out of your house and stay out too. I did that about a year ago and I'm happy I did. I made my decision right before my granddaughters' weddings last Summer, and I cut off a few Bernie bro type people that were using me.

After free nights  of not much sleep, I'm in about the right mood to speak some truth this morning. Please forgive me ahead of time!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1124321234573690/permalink/1135949466744200/

Something wonderful happened yesterday after our governor's press conference.  A Ky high school theater team had prepared a Zoom video of a song from Grease, and Andy played it, to which his ASL sign interpreter Virginia expressed herself. It was a moment of joy that I cannot articulate quite properly here, but it was certainly lovely to see Virginia express herself, and enjoy herself in the musical moment.

No comments: