is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday Softie


I will admit it. I am an old softie! I mean, I cry at Folgers commercials. It does not take much to cause the bladder behind my eyes to begin to leak, and soon I am covered with my own salty tears.

So, why am I crying? Is it because we are all limited to our homes for the next hundred days or so? Yeah, that's part of it.

Is it because I attended my granddaughters' weddings last Summer, and became acutely aware of all the time I have missed from their lives? Yes, it is certainly because of that.

Also, I am crying because I'm old. I don't care about being alone, but I am 65, and approaching my 70s is scaring me to death. I am not afraid of being alone, I'm afraid of getting sick and depending on other people for my bare necessities.

Melody with Sammy & Cooper 

If I were to become dependent upon someone, the onus to take care of me would fall upon my son's shoulders. I don't think my son cares enough about me to take care of me. His wife hates me, she has kept the children from me for 20 years, and I don't have the strength to fight the two of them. They adopted her brother's kids years ago, and treated those kids so terribly, I could not think about putting my own care in their hands.

So, if I should get sick, plan on me to disappear. I do not want to be under their guard. He cares too much about her to take care of me. I know that.

At any rate, today is a good day, but I have already cried three or four times. This pandemic is putting a stress on everyone in my building. The black people are hating the white people even more, and that is not pretty, trust me. I am trying to smile and rise above all the hate, and so far, I have been successful. It is because I am staying in, alone, and at home!

There is a reason our lovely Governor, Andy Beshear tells us to do so. Kentucky is way behind every other state in coronavirus deaths. We are lucky to have Andy Beshear tell us what our father would tell us if he was still alive, and that is to stay away from this virus.

Stay home!
Peace,
Kimmy
😜

No comments: