is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Respite

After spending three weeks at home, isolating myself, quarantining myself from the rest of the building, I have been feeling pretty depressed. I am doubtful if I will ever see my choir, my family or my friends again. It is tough, to realize your year ahead may be spent alone, in your tiny apartment overlooking downtown Lexington.

Yesterday, my mail arrived, and I went downstairs to get it. When I open my mailbox I saw a card from Central Christian Church. I didn't think much about it, just tucked it into my purse until done with my day. After I got home, I looked at the card and it was from my wonderful choir director, Michael Riintamaa.

As my weekly spiritual director, Michael is a big part of my life. We listen to him and want to hear every word, because choir practice with Michael makes a difference in your life that is hard to articulate.

His card was thoughtful, nice and courteous, as Michael is. I needed to hear from him, and he knew exactly when to write to me. It was totally unexpected, but thoroughly appreciated and needed. Sometimes it just takes a younger person affirming our existence to make us feel a world better.

As the Coronavirus pandemic continues, I would encourage everyone to make someone smile today. Even if it's just telling them how much you appreciate them, a compliment goes a lot farther than an insult these days. I have been having trouble with some of the people in my building lately. I guess we are all under a quite a bit of stress, and it is easy to say the wrong thing. Accordingly, I am ignoring those who are being rude and being mean to me at this time.

Our bodies and our minds are fragile. People need to remember that.

Peace, y'all,
Kimmy

No comments: