is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Saturday, August 29, 2015

You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Blog Is About You...

There are certain joys that come with being a writer. There is relief one gets from letting steam escape from their brain in the form of words on a page, there is the recognition from friends and family for being published, and then, there is this sheer method of exposure of folks and their ego.

Every now and then, when I write something that is personal about my life and what I want to do in the future, or if I express a feeling about something - - I usually have one or two readers that become upset somehow. They feel as if I am pointing the finger at them, writing about our past\future together, or making fun of the fact that they take themselves too seriously, all of which I am certainly guilty, of corset.

Knowing this, every now and then I play a little trick. When someone has insulted me in a subtle way, thinking I didn't notice, I will write something that will strike a chord in their self centered brain as they read my blog and wonder what the hell I am talking about. To wait for the reactions is fun. I know exactly who I am targeting and precisely who will approach me about what I have said. Then in a roundabout way, they will show their colors -- make a comment; tweet a word or two in review, or they may have a friend find out what the scoop really is.

Well that has occurred several times now, and I'm happy to say it happened this week again. Yes I do plan to visit my friend in Florida, but I do not plan to marry him, or even romance him. If you are reading this, Billy, please know I'm only coming to enjoy the sea and sand dollars ...not your gold dubloons! Lol

If you are any other friend of mine who likes to tell me about my ex husbands, please keep your mouth shut and leave me alone. Oh and yas -- this blog is about you.

No comments: