is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Liver Lover

got these chicken livers today at Short Street Cafe. When I was there, I had asked only for a soda pop and was paying for it, when the owner realized I was there to pick up food from GOD's PANTRY.  He had asked me why I'd been a stranger, how I was doing, and I told him I was looking for a job; he could see I'm kind of having a hard time. So he went over and put this big heap of chicken livers in a to go box for me. 

As I sat in the waiting room, I saw was number 28 in line. Therefore, I listened to the conversations going on -- rather loudly --  throughout the waiting room for over two hours. It was a busy day at the pantry. 

There was the guy who kept talking about guns, hatin on gays, having been a Marine, and how he was going to make sure that nobody went ahead of anybody, but when a crack ho biscuit came in, he somehow made sure she went ahead of everyone else. I was there to get free food, thanks be to God, so I sat and read my book. I heard a lot of disturbing words in that waiting room today, but I didn't tell them to shut up. Last time, I did. It wasn't pretty.  I was feeling very ninja that day. Today, well hell, I had livers waiting!  I waited with patience, got my salt pork, ham and chicken along with some real coffee and beans, and went home happy. 


Gratefully babbling about nothing important tonight. Sorry. Well, no, I'm not sorry lol, but thanks for reading all this. 

No comments: