is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wring Around the Rosary

If you have been reading this blog for any while, you know I am a spiritual, religious kind of gal. 

I am not perfect, but I do love to sing in my choir, pray with people when they ask it, and I'm not afraid to assert myself in cases where I feel as if I am on the television show, "What Would YOU Do?" -- keeping in mind the story of Jesus turning over the tables of the money changers in the temple. 

I am very fortunate that I grew up in a liberal Christian church. I say I am fortunate, because many of my friends who grew up with restricted spirituality have been confused and conflicted over recent decisions by the Supreme Court of the United States, amongst many other issues. Many have left God behind and declared their agnosticism. 

When I was terribly conflicted and heartbroken a few years ago, I remembered finding comfort in the Holy Rosary several times while on Stephen Ministers retreat at the Sisters of Charity convent in Bardstown. There is a wonderful domed building there, which has scads of plastic rosaries along with instructions for folks (like me who had no idea what ito do) to kneel and say the rosary and put it back OR take it if you want. I did not take one, but I did purchase one eventually, and learn to pray the rosary.

Eventually, I found a recording by John Edward the popular mentalist, where he, as well as Roma Downey, say the rosary. He uses the Rosary to center his mind and has a method of praying each of the 5 decades of Hail Marys for a particular purpose. I loved that he had taken a different path to utilize this tool for prayer. I downloaded the recordings and listen to them when I cannot kneel and pray...which happens a lot these days. Hehe

So here we are, halfway through the year.  John Lennon would ask, " ... and what have you done?"

I have survived six months of shingles and panic attacks -- and a broken heart. I've written some fantastic arts stories and seek to create even more as the holidays approach. That's right, I'm already thinking about Christmas. Lol. 

I survived and live to write. That's my legacy, y'all. I'm not trying to be a martyr, that's for others to be. I do somehow continue to bounce back, despite obstacles I put up to my own happiness, though. 

Oh, my Jesus! 
Peace to all,
Kimmy


 




No comments: