is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Monday, June 29, 2015

What's In An iPhone?

A few years ago, my friend, Joe Peacock chided me for not having a an iPhone. I had a lovely purple BlackBerry, and he was more than happy to make fun of it. Eventually I got an iPhone, because the purple BlackBerry's little mouse button thing stopped working.


However because I chose Sprint to provide my telephone access, I fell for gimmick, over and over, because my phone is "throttled" by Sprint halfway through each contract. (There are lawsuits against AT&T currently in court regarding the same issue.) It gets very slow, and frustrating, and I can't operate it so I go and upgrade to the next iPhone out of desperation to get that ease and efficiency back. 

Well, played, cell phone giant. Well played. However, I am tired of paying a big company such a great fee every month to provide my iPhone service. I can no longer do that, so I am switching to an Obamaphone. That's right, i said it. It's a TracFone that was Fed Exed to me, and every month I get free text & minutes. Yay! 

Accordingly, it's not easy. It's like camping with words. I have to relearn how to text without a keyboard. No more videos and camera for Instagram or Snapchat. No rosary app. Gee, I guess I'll have to get the beads back out. Oh, and Candy Crush? That last level just wore me out. I no longer have a crush on candy crush. (Yay)

Sure, I will miss the convenience of the iPhone, but I will probably get out more, see more people, do more goodness, and rock my world a little bit. That's probably the best thing I can do for myself anyway.

Oh, and it took me four years to figure out how to download blogger  so that I can post a blog from my phone, but what the heck, I can do without that as well. I will just have to go to the computer more often and sit down and write. It was good enough for Dickens. 

So! If you need my new number, just ask and I'll send it to ya. 
Peace!
Kimmy

No comments: