is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Oh Yeah, I'LL HAVE ANOTHER!

Purchased for a mere $35,000, I am slightly smitten with Derby contender named I'LL HAVE ANOTHER, owned by Paul Reddam.  

First of all, ya gotta love the name.  Then he won the Santa Anita Derby just by a nostril ... just enough to beat his traveling buddy, CREATIVE CAUSE.  Good record, he's proven he can go the distance and his silks are purple (aww!  if ya don't like purple, I don't want to know it).

Oh yeah, I'LL HAVE ANOTHER, alright!   I anticipate he will come in the money, so bet him across the board.  All those enjoying juleps will probably lay down a $2 bet on him to show no matter what :)

For some nebulous reason he has been treated by a veterinarian lately with the equivalent of a nice chiropractic adjustment with a little 'electric' therapy -- something about his back, nobody's talking specifics -- but it doesn't matter, according to his handlers, he is dancing and prancing and doing all the things a colt does when they're 3 years old and ready to face the dirt of the Churchill Track along with 20 other horses.  Heck, he WON the Santa Anita Derby, a Grade I race, this feller's got what it takes.  

No comments: