is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Girls Just Wanna Have Font

I met this trio of hats-and-juleps early in the Derby day 2011 
First of all, I have a love/hate relationship with Blogspot.  It has beautiful design features that make it easy to dress up the site, get rid of some things, have a slideshow of just about anything you like -- stained glass, tulips, or van Gogh -- just thrown onto one of the features.  It's fun, designing a blog page here in BlogTown because all those features are so easily  created/changed/improved, all according to my will, at any time - I could find old blogs, create new ones, see the titles of the blogs I follow. It was nice...until now. 


Blogspot, I suppose has decided to go the way of Facebook and the Twitter and completely rearranged itself, renamed options, just making it that much harder to post herein.  
Ireland, a century ago


Having said that, I'll say this.  I have worked for hours, days and months on certain blogposts and then, in a twinkling of a googled eye, Blogspot would inexplicably erase the entire piece in a half second...it was all lost...for no reason at all. Boohoo!  And shee yitt.  When that happens, there's no way of recovering anything, of course. I have to start the piece all over, find the photos to upload and re-create what I had said...but sometimes it's a good thing to be stretched in such a way, clear the etch-a-sketch and start over, more able to dry the drops of my resentment bucket and be kinder, sweeter, more cherishing.  I'm more inclined to be really pissed off and in need of either a cigarette and/or a scotch.  
The Thomas Family


I could prevent this, I know. My fellow bloggers always remind me to compose in Word, then copy and paste...and yeah yeah yeah. I'm too proud to do it, a little smug if you will. Sometimes I'm in a hurry. You'd think BSplot would love me enough by now, just a little over 64,000 hits today, to not go changing the display.  I'm afraid to change the font now.  I like Arial a little better than Times New Roman, but to keep Spotty happy, I'll leave it like it is.  Grr.  lol  I'll still try to purple-ize the color of the (erm)...text change.  


SO I say I a love/hate relationship with it, and believe me, the love is there.  I love writing stories about Lexington's blossoming, incredible kaleidoscope of artists.  If I'm lucky, I get to peek into their souls. I'm happy they trust me to post blogs about their perspectives, and I love how far reaching BloggySpotty and Google are ... but wow, I'm lost here on this blank screen.  I'll try to upload some cheery pix and see if there's not a smile in your immediate future.  I will play the ukulele for the next hour or so, it's a commitment I have to myself for better health. I have to start doing things I enjoy more often. It's worth it, for my heart.   


doggy peace ;-) 
By the by, my heart is doing well after its February activity.  February was tough on me otherwise as I dealt with the death of my brother, it's a good thing I was on medication during the last month of Marshall's life.  I'm glad I got to see him, glad I supplied his need albeit a beer, and I'm glad I'm still kickin and a-tickin.  The arrhythmia the friendly cardiologist determined, is caused by a condition that it is easily treated with all sorts of fancy drugs.  I now know all sorts of terms like beta-blockers, ventricular contractions, I just pray I have the strength to endure the changes necessary to improve my heart health.  My heart sting scared the pee diddley out of me, and then Marshall leaving this Life...and my dear sweet Mayme...oh tears, go away! Just in case the Big Guy Upstairs is wondering, I got the hint when You tapped me on the shoulder.  Thanks for the reminder :)


Hoping something I've shared here was worth reading down this far. Thanks for everyone who says to me when I first meet them, "are you KimmyVille?"  That is so cool. 


Here is a verse to what is probably my favorite hymn. I hope you find meaning in it, too, today, peace.


O Love, that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
that in thine ocean depths its flow,
may richer, fuller be. 


O Joy that seekest me through pain,
O Light that followest all my way,
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
 and know the promise is not vain,
that morn shall tearless be.






Thanks for reading all this.  More soon that is more interesting.  I promise :)

No comments: