is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Unknown Territory


For me, Sunday is a day to rest, reflect and rejoice.  However, on Saturday, I am not always sure my spirit will allow me an easy entrance to a holy Sabbath, because every once in a while I allow the sadness to sink in, the fear to paralyze, the indifference to harden my heart....but even though my life is currently in a state of chaos, I do feel heartened today because I sang with my glorious choir this morning, listened to beautiful music and revisited the moment of my baptism.  Somehow through this morning's worship, my soul was once again renewed as I was reminded of God's immortal love that is mine no matter what I do. It is forever full...and it will not let me go.

I hope your day is full of love and kindness.  Here's a prayer we shared today in worship. I hope it speaks to your heart:
Beckoning God,
as you moved in the lives of Elijah and Elisha,
move in our lives,
inviting us to journey to unknown territory,
to listen for your voice,
and to speak your prophetic word
in a world that does not want to hear.

Empowered by your Spirit, 
grant us the courage we need
to journey, trust, listen, speak
and accept your commission
to be your faithful servant people.
Amen.

No comments: