is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hair I Yam

Anytime my hair miracle worker Julie comes to do my hair, I feel like a million bucks when she's done. She somehow turns my big head of curly coiling craziness into a sleek, flat and sassy do that makes me look and behave as if I'm decades younger.  The weight of the world falls away from my shoulders when she puts her magic flatiron to it and tames it so that afterward, I look in the mirror and wonder who the heck that blonde chick is with the fabulous hair.

I've tried to do it myself...but eventually have to 'go big,' and get out the electric rollers to give myself an achy breaky hairstyle like the days of old (which a lot of my friends and family love, but my hair has been big and full of it all its life. It needs a comeuppance every now and again.  

So tonight, Julie visited me when she got off her second job, and miraculously turned my woolly mammoth look into the cool cougar style that I love so much; then gave me a hug and left me with the knowledge that someone loves me enough to do such a wonderful act for me, even when I can't pay her, when I am feeling at my lowest, and after I just drank her last beer.

Generosity is more than lipservice from Jules - she's just the best, that girl.  She loves what she does and she's very good at it...and what's even better, she enjoys helping people feel better about themselves.

and as everyone who knows me knows: when my hair's happy, I'm giddy. 

love to all,
Kiminey Snicket ;-)

No comments: