is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Are You Lookin At Me?

LOOKIN AT LUCKY is more than just your average bay colt, he's an Eclipse Award winner, and today it was announced that the champion 2-year-old male of 2009 has been nominated to the $2-million UAE Derby on March 27th.

So what's not to like about LOOKIN AT LUCKY and his chances for winning the Kentucky Derby? Not a damn thing. He's been called a "methodical winning machine" that seems to have barely tapped his true power, doesn't really feel obligated to win by 20 lengths, has a chillaxed attitude for a Champion.   

This Bob Baffert-trained gentle giant is son of SMART STRIKE (who sired CURLIN) and was sold at Keeneland as a 2-year-old in training for $475,000 - yet he sold as a yearling for a mere $35,000.  (I think he was a late foal, bless his big ol' heart :) 


I've been away for a few days, neglecting my duties here in Kimmyville. Sorry about that, but I've had important things to do, like watch the sun set on the river and find great buys for boots, tights and a retro mini.  Oh, and I'm halfway through Alfred's Teach Yourself To Play Ukulele book. Today's best song (so far)? Cockles and Mussels.  I'm feeling lucky...or am I LOOKIN AT LUCKY?  lollyShamrocks :)





No comments: