is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Prayer for Peace

This past week was tough for me and for those I love. As a nation, we observed the passing of Walter Cronkite. As a daughter, I observed the 21 years that have passed since my mother died. As a sister, mother, grandmother and friend, my heart has hurt for those I love who are in pain or are troubled or are ill or whose parents or children are ill. With that in mind, I offer this prayer, prayed in church by my congregation today, to all of you who may wish to seek out the peace of God. I especially ask you to pray for Pfc. Bowe R. Bergdahl, the young man from Idaho who has been taken as a prisoner of war by the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Thanks for visiting - Kimmy


O God, source of our sustenance and peace, we have filled our lives with hurry;

Often we are stretched until our time, our passion,
our energy, and even our love have worn thin.

In this moment, lead us to places of rest,
and renew every part of our being.

Make us ready to engage the world with your love, for many are hungry and long for bread, and yet more long to feast on life abundant.

As a weary but willing people, we ask this in Christ's name.


Amen.


No comments: