is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hallelujah Chorus


by Kim Thomas

Today is Easter Sunday, and now that I am somewhat of an adult, not one Holiday goes by that I do not consider how different events are now than it when I was a kid. Back in the day, my sisters and brothers and I would wait in great anticipation for Easter, marked with the traditional dying of eggs, pastel clothing and Easter baskets filled with jelly beans and chocolate rabbits, all the goodies you could imagine a kid would want.

After we'd consume as much chocolate and sugar as possible, we'd begin the great hunt for eggs hidden by our Easter Bunny, who I have to admit was pretty clever. He would tuck them into the dog house, Mom's rose bed, even irises that were smart enough not to blossom until it was good and Springtime. It would take us quite a while to recover some of those hidden eggs, and I do believe some of them were hidden and never found again, no matter how hard we searched.

Today I still look forward to Easter. It's different now. I don't search for eggs, nor do I hide them. It strikes me this Easter Sunday that perhaps I don't really have to search for my Faith anymore, nor do I have to hide my Faith. I'm no longer a child of Man, but I am a child of God. That doesn't mean my life is perfect; but I know He is with me always. Today, I am grateful for God, for Jesus, and for Love.

Today, Easter Sunday, was a beautiful, glorious day. My choir sang an original composition by a local fellow, Dr. Johnie Dean, whose Allelujia, Allelujia incorporated several key Easter hymns into a song of praise -- with plenty of "blue" notes for the altos, and we were all over like a bad suit -- and then we rounded out the two worship services with the Hallelujia Chorus from Handel's Messiah. I love the gift of music. I love the gift of faith. Most of all, though, I love practicing the Love of my Faith through Music.

Hallelujah.

pray for peace,
Kimmy

No comments: