is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Maundy Thursday Worship


On Maundy Thursday, my choir gathered at 6:00 to rehearse for the 7pm worship service. It was a program full of good, meaningful music, communion, and words for meditation. All of the below words were taken from the service:

This was the day that Christ the Lamb of God gave himself into the hands of those who would slay him. This was the day that Christ gathered with his disciples in the upper room. This is the day that Christ took a towel and washed the disciples' feet, giving us an example that we should do to others as he has done to us. This was the day that Christ our God gave us a holy feast, that we who eat this bread and drink this cup may here proclaim his holy sacrifice.


Prayer: Holy God, source of all love, on the night of his betrayal Jesus gave his disciples a new commandment, to love one another as he loved them.

Write this commandment in our hearts; give us the will to serve others as he was the servant of all, who gave his life and died for us, one God, now and forever. Amen.

Prayer of Confession:

Before I take the body of my Lord,
before I share his life in bread and wine,
I recognize the sorry things within: these I lay down.

The words of hope I often failed to give,
the prayers of kindness buried by my pride,
the signs of care I argued out of sight: these I lay down.

The narrowness of vision and of mind,
the need for other folk to serve my will;
and every word and silence meant to hurt: these I lay down.

Of those around in whom I meet my Lord,
I ask their pardon and I grant them mine
that every contradiction to Christ's peace might be laid down.


Lord Jesus Christ, companion at this feast,
I empty now my heart and stretch my hands,
and ask to meet you here in bread and wine which you lay down.





pray for peace,

Kimmy

No comments: