is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Pleasant Sunday





Oh how lovely is the morning on Sunday! Since I was a toddler, I recall putting on my lilac dotted Swiss dress, white gloves and purse to attend Sunday school and church with my older sisters and then with the craycray brothers in their suits. They were so cute and innocent, for a while! 



The pews of Florence Christian Church were built in the 1800s, and the church itself was just as aged. 

Across from the Caintuckee Grill, it sat on the corner of U.S. 25 and U.S. 42 in Florence, y'all. I remember the front lawn of Florence Christian was always a carpet of dandelions, and Church was simply magical there. I attended kindergarten there and met my best friend. Lisa Idol, who attended the Florence Baptist church across the street. 

Eventually, the new Church was built and the old torn down. I was among the first baptized in the new building, and shortly thereafter, Brother John Murphy became our preacher. Lordy. Let me tell ya, Brother John totally changed my view of life and faith! He was a professor of genetics before he was called to preach. He was very smart, quite blunt and truly convincing.

Sometimes we need to embrace change and progress rather than resist. If the people at Florence Christian had snubbed Brother John, I'd never have known about O, Love, That Wilt Not Let Me Go. Oh my that'd be a shame.

I need to pray for peace for me and for y'all. 

Peace,

Kimmy



No comments: