is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Monday, May 25, 2020

I read the news today, oh boy!

It is 4:30 in the morning on Memorial Day. I woke up to the news that our dear governor was hung in effigy by protesters at the Frankfort Capital yesterday.

It is ridiculous that people in my state would hang an effigy of our governor. Because of his advice, I am still alive. Kentucky is among the lowest in the nation regarding deaths due to coronavirus. Why the hate?

This is because Governor Beshear shut the state down early. Tennessee stayed open, Virginia stayed open, and look at them. They are among the top in the nation as two hotbed locations for Coronavirus. I am ashamed that I live in the state where people hate someone because they have saved lives. They would much rather open the doors to every bar and pizza joint in the place so that everyone could catch it and die.

One lady who owns Goodfellas told me that she could handle the virus it, and that is fine with her, that the death rate is only 5%. She's young, she probably could take it. However, she has three young children, and in the state of Kentucky kids are catching a related syndrome to the covid-19 that is killing them.

Why are people so careless? Why do you go to church, if you are happy with risking the lives of other people? Why do you pretend to be a Christian and espouse all the ideas of the self proclaimed "pro-life" movement, if you are not willing to save the lives of the at-risk elderly and the young people?

Thank the Lord it is past 4 a.m., so channel 18 has their news on already and I'm listening to Seth Phillips tell me it is 66 degrees outside. Also, former University of Kentucky head basketball coach and member of the Basketball Hall of Fame Eddie Sutton died  yesterday! Ouchie!

My church is essential, but it does not need to open its building for hundreds of people to stack into its pews to be a church. My church is open to compassion, my church gives food to the poor and promotes the welfare of widows and orphans and helps kids learn music who would never otherwise be able to. My church is a good church, and I'm not going to listen to anybody besmirch it.

As usual, my blog has no specific point. We are entering our 4th month of being isolated from the rest of the world do to this terrible germ that has spread from China to Australia to Japan to Italy to Spain to Denmark to Ireland to cutshin Kentucky. That is our enemy. Not each other. I cannot understand the mind-set of folks who think it is wise to string somebody up and hang them from a tree. Whatever they are black or whether they are white, the days of hanging people, whether it be a false image of the person or the real body, are over.


No comments: