is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

The Will of the People

I do not pretend to I know everything there is to know about the political scene, but in my 65 years on this planet I have learned the administration that promotes peace is one I want to support. I've worked for over 50 years...
DragonballZ!

I have paid taxes, Social Security & Medicare to take care of me now that I am older; I have paid into the Social Security System since 1968. I began as a dishwasher, 1969 was a bus girl in a truck stop; cashier at Chuck's Market on Burlington Pike in Florence(1972); put together flower bouquets and corsages at Flowers ala Carte in the Cincinnati airport; rented cars at Hertz Rent-a-Car; and then  I got my dream job, working as a hostess at La Normandie Tavern & Chophouse in Cincinnati, Ohio.

La Normandie was part of the Maisonette restaurant complex, the Maisonette being at that time one of only nine five star restaurants in the United States. I moved to Mount Adams, where I had a rooftop apartment, I could see the bend in the river, and it was Heaven. I should never have moved! How many of us can say that? I think just about everyone, except my friend who lives in Rabbit Hash, Kentucky, who lived there all her life and still does. I envy her in many, many ways.

No comments: