is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Monday, January 13, 2020

Advent Girl

About a month ago, I found an Advent hymn in an old hymnal. My choir sings it every year, and I love it, but have never found WHO AT MY DOOR IS STANDING? in any hymnal. There are four verses, each resembling the anthem we sing, and they have haunted me since Thanksgiving. Haunted in a good way, me thinks.


I love the way it makes me think about Jesus, how He is waiting for me. Me? Yes, and He is so patient.

However, I'm not worthy. Still, He loves ME, and I am redeemed and forgiven.




Even though I was not the best mom, I tried so very hard and always meant the best for my son.

Even though I did not have a perfect marriage, I always tried to make it work. I had a belief in the goodness of men, one I still believe. I just made bad choices. But!

I am a redeemed and forgiven child of God and door of my heart, I hasten, Thee will I open wide...Though He rebuke and chastened, He shall with me abide...


No comments: