is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Monday, May 25, 2015

Kimmy Goes To A Play (Or Two)

Erma gurd!  

The last week has been full of adventure and heartache and insomnia and lovely music and theatre.

I reconnected with an old beau, that went well.  I went to see a fabulous show, Harold & Maude at Farish Theatre in the downtown Library.  The play was marvelous, but at the play, I came face to face with someone who once tried to kill me, who has called me an old, fat lady whose panties she had to pick up when she was screwing Kevin, the man who invited me to live with him after he burned my kitchen up on a crack binge about 10 years ago.

So, I loved the play; hated that skank.  I made my opinion of her known to her -- it was the FIRST encounter I have had with her since she tried to run me over with her station wagon.  

Here's the weirdest part of all.  Somehow the theatre has made that skank their ARTISTIC DIRECTOR!  Oy to the vey.  I left as soon as the cast took their bow.  Three days later, I was asked if I indeed called Rachel a bitch and flipped her the rod.  I was asked by someone quite dear to me, so I forgive him for that...but...

Hear me now and hear me well:  I WILL NOT BACK DOWN.  I WILL NOT BE MOVED.  I WILL SPEAK MY MIND, NO MATTER TO WHOM OR WHERE. I HAVE A RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH.  I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MY CHILD'S AND MY BABY PIX BACK FROM K&R.  I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MY MOM'S SIDEBOARD BACK THAT HE BURNED IN HIS FIREPLACE .... OR MY FATHER'S PHOTO OF SECRETARIAT WINNING THE BELMONT BACK -- I DO NOT WANT KEVIN BACK, HE BROKE TOO MANY OF MY RIBS, BUT I WOULD APPRECIATE GETTING MY CHILD'S BABY PHOTO BOOK OF HIS FIRST 18 YEARS OF LIFE.  YOU OUGHT NOT JUST MOVE IN TO A WOMAN'S HOUSE AND STEAL ALL HER SHIT.


Second issue of the week arose at God's Pantry on Friday afternoon, when some lady started cussing and griping about GETTING FREE FOOD! We did have to wait for hours as the City has decided not to help fund God's Pantry and there is a petition for people to sign.  However, that meant nothing, this entitled gal was loud and obnoxious and I told her to pipe down, in so many words.  All the other God's Pantry 'receivers' waiting in the room with us cheered the fact that I had the gonads to make her shut up.  She threatened me, got up in my grill; it was not a shining moment for either of us, but I stood firm in my belief that we ought to be grateful for free food, and not gripe about it.

I am glad I did.  And I'm glad I got the opportunity to see a wonderful play, with wonderful actors directed by a wonderful director.


OH OH OH!  and then I went to see Vanya Sonia Masha & Spike at Studio Players just a few nights ago, wherein my pal Allie Darden played an unusual role for her and KILLED it, as did the rest of the cast and crew.  Fred Zegelian was fabulous as Vanya and Jenny Christian did a splendid job directing.

My next article for Ace Weekly is about a production that will involve 70 young people on-stage for the performance of their lives.  Accordingly, my entire weekend was spent writing, which is apparently the safest place for me to be.  

 Finally, I had the opportunity to have Fireball with Nick, prayer with my brother Ad, and hugs from Tom, who is the best.  

Remember those who served our country and kept us free.  It is memorial day, God Bless America!


No comments: