is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What Up, Buttercup?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

That's what this Summer has been. I have not had a job in over a month, despite being 'employed,' by the University. I have met a terrific guy who seems to think I am kinda terrific, too. I have reduced my wardrobe by simply giving it away to the first taker. I have also reduced the heavy load that clothing seems to create.

I have lost weight. I have gained weight. I have overcome health obstacles that were not thought surmountable before. I have acquired some sort of pesky pesk that haunted me for an entire week while I lived in a fleabag apartment on North Limestone.

I have moved in with a nice friend and his roommate, they have two kitty cats and lots of sci-fi books - a telescope, even (I think that is what it is, anyway :) -- and I have been accosted by crackheads, ignored by folks I thought were good friends and siblings, and siblings' children, yet comforted by those who know how to do so without getting smarmy on me.

My best friend lost his father, and I was asked to write and offer the Eulogy. My other "best friend" lost her father, and I was pretty much asked to stay home and not travel to the funeral.

My choir celebrated the 20th anniversary of our beloved leader, but I was asked to write compositions that were to be published and that never happened; seems they had plenty of text, the folks that put the big celebratory book together.

My family has abandoned me, all but my sister Kelli, who literally owns next to nothing material, but is rich as Rockefeller when it comes to heart. I took my feller to see my niece and other living sister perform in a play and they both ignored my attempts to applaud them. When I traveled 30 miles to see the play, everyone else was gracious, except my sis and her daughter. Ouchy McOuchy. That hurt, but it taught me a lot about expectations. Just say "no" to expectations.

Yes. Best of times. Worst of times.

I'm making a comeback, don't get me wrong, and I can certainly do that. I'm resilient. I am Kimmy, hear me roar, dammit. So if I have missed your event, and not covered it in my blog as I usually do for anything worthwhile, I am truly sorry, but it has been a technologically-challenged season for me. There will be another, new season soon, though, and I will be back, reporting on what is good in the Bluegrass.

Thanks for reading all that. I feel better now that I shared that with you.

I love you, Lambchop...whoever you may be :)



No comments: