is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Is Coming!

On Christmas Eve when you've done all you can do until it's time to open gifts, some of you will want to rest and wait for Baby Jesus to get here. 

Some may want to have their own quiet observances at home or get out to a nice dinner, see the Southern Lights or go hear some fantastic music (since it falls on a Saturday night, why not?), gather with friends and family and open one gift (a phenomenon that I hear actually does happen), have eggnog or whatever it takes to eat, drink and be merry!

For me, I like to do all the above, but in addition, on Christmas Eve, I always go to my church's candlelight services at 6 and 11, where I receive communion, sing hymns, hear the story of the birth of Christ, and last but not least in any way, I listen to my friend Tom Bragg sing O Holy Night! It's a magic moment at Central Christian and the high point of the year for much of the congregation.

Here's the schedule - no reservations needed, just show up and enjoy any or all of the following moments of Christmas joy at Central, corner of M-L King & Short Streets:


4:00 p.m. in the Commons Room --- Wellspring Service (the crossroads of traditional and contemporary music and worship)

6:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary --- Family Service (drama, communion, candlelight)


11:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary --- Midnight Service (message, communion, candlelight)

On Christmas Sunday, only one service --- the 11:00 a.m. service


I hope your Season has been filled with love and hope and music, music, music! 

No comments: