is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
on the other side?

Friday, July 30, 2010

Rigney to Return as Tommy's Creepy Uncle Ernie

When he is onstage, Leif Rigney is a bit twisted, a tad off-kilter, one taco short of a combination platter...and we wouldn't want him to be any other way, so it's nice to know he's joining the rest of the Tommy troupe when the show returns for a command performance at the brand new Moondance ampitheatre on August 8th.  Rigney confirms, "I am indeed reprising my Uncle Ernie role for Tommy - The Encore. I'm looking forward to donning the creepy trench coat once again!"  

What's he been up to, and what is he working on next?  "I am on a play hiatus for the time being. I am concentrating my artistic efforts on playing trumpet (and maybe acting a little) for the March Madness Marching Band. We have several gigs coming up, as well as some other cool irons in the fire."

Does Leif have a hidden gift that is not under his trenchcoat? "I don't know if I actually have a secret talent. I'm such a loud-mouth, all my talents, such as they are, are pretty un-secret. Let's see...I am pretty good at using liquid latex to make Halloween-type getups, such as corpses, zombies, scars, etc. For instance, a couple of years ago I went to a Halloween party with one eye hanging down on my cheek from a gory hole. Gross, huh?  . . . I also do some bicycle repair, and I am an avid rider." 


Can't wait until Leif gives a whole new crowd a case of the willies at the new Moondance ampitheatre next week!

No comments: