Friday, May 21, 2010
Riding for Hope's Seventh Night of the Stars is June 19th!
Tickets are on sale for the 7th NIGHT OF THE STARS, the annual fundraiser for Central Kentucky Riding for Hope on Saturday, June 19 at the Keeneland Entertainment Center in Lexington. “It's Magic” is the theme of the event, which includes cocktails, dinner and many exciting opportunities to support CKRH, a 29-year-old therapeutic riding program, with bidding at silent and live auctions. Tickets are $100 each.
“NIGHT OF THE STARS is CKRH’s signature event; it has evolved into cornerstone spring event in Lexington,” said CKRH Executive Director Pat Kline. “The evening offers a glimpse into the unique magic that exists between the children and horses and the tremendous impact of that bond.”
Located at the Kentucky Horse Park, CKRH is dedicated to enriching the community by improving the quality of life and the health of children and adults with special physical, cognitive, emotional and social needs through therapeutic activities using the horse. Proceeds from NIGHT OF THE STARS help to fund the program, which offers services year-round in its indoor arena.
The highlight of NIGHT OF THE STARS is the live auction, which gives attendees a glimpse into the hearts of CKRH students and their horses complete with elaborate costumes created by Shirley Gentry. The winning bidder for each horse and rider will gain a year’s sponsorship of the horse, along with a commemorative photo and plaque.
Additional live and silent auction items include:
* Private jet service for up to seven passengers anywhere in the continental United States from Starbase Aviation.
* Share in the unraced 2-year-old Thoroughbred filly Honeybee Lady.
* 4 tickets to the Brickyard 400, a NASCAR Sprint Cup race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 25.
* 2 tickets to the 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, including hotel stay and round-trip airfare to New York.
* Brunch for 10 at Cobra Farm to watch the September 26 endurance race during the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
* 4 signed limited-edition prints by noted artist Andre Pater that each depict a discipline represented at the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, along with 2 tickets to a WEG reception and 2 general admission tickets for September 30.
* Green tourmaline earrings set in diamonds and 14k gold.
To purchase tickets, call CKRH at (859) 231-7066 or e-mailPat@ckrh.org.