is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Three Sisters


We had such a glorious Easter Sunday here in Lexington today.  The weather was spectacular, the meaning of the day was not lost, and I wore my new pink Easter outfit. It was hot pink, it was...just like my 8th grade Easter dress.  I was inspired earlier in the week when one of my choir friends wore hot pink.  I remembered how exciting it is to wear such a color and was looking for something to reflect the transformation that happens when we look at the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. 

I left my old dressing behind and took pride in my spiffy new clothes. I moved forward with the day, knowing that I would be singing for two worship services, making dinner for my two sisters, and enjoying the company of my friends and family.  

This past week, month and year have told me a lot about where I am and where I am going. I still have a voice. I still have the words that I write and sing, and I still have you, my dear reader.  I am glad you're here, and I thank you for sticking with me through thick and thin. 

When all is said and done, there is a time for all our emotions, and truly, it's remarkably comforting to know that indeed, there is a time rend, a time to sew, a time to run, a time to walk...a time to speak out.  

 I pray that with the coming days, weeks, months and years that I will be given the wisdom for which I pray.

pray for peace, lambchops,
and know that you are Loved,
Kimmy

No comments: