is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fledermaus' Rosalinda Also Performed by Julie LaDouceur


Julie LaDouceur also appears in UK Opera Theatre's presentation of Die Fledermaus and I'm happy to share her thoughts with all of you as well!

Julie explains, "I am the other Rosalinda, and this has been my favorite opera role I have ever performed.  Rosalinda is a smart, witty woman. Yes, she can be overly-dramatic at times, but in the end, she is simply loving, fun and a bit sassy!  I must say that it has been a pleasure working on this role with our director, Richard Kagey.  He wrote a new version of the dialogue for this show, and it works!  I believe that his interpretation will help many people leave the opera knowing the story of Die Fledermaus."

"I am very excited for this production to open tonight.  This music by Johann Strauss is so beautiful and luscious - a definite crowd-pleaser!"

Thank you so much for your article.  It is great, and I think I can speak on behalf of UK Opera Theatre when I say that your work is most appreciated!

(*I fa-la-la-LOVE UK Opera folk ... and thanks, my lil lambchops:)

No comments: