is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The First Farewell




I would like to offer these words in memory of my high school buddy, Patti Fryar, who left this life today.

Patti was a fellow Conner Cougar and drill team chick (we were called the Conner Kittens :), a hair magician, a good friend, and a terrible Algebra student, like me.  

While our pain and loss is very real, it is  a comfort to know Patti is no longer in pain, she is with God, in heaven, and He is most likely laughing at her jokes.  


Let go of my hand;
I'll be back again.
You can save your tears till then;
have faith that I will win.

I can see it in your eyes,
the fear you feel inside;
you still do not know why,
why that I must die
today.

Soon it will be clear,
just why I had to go,
the mystery is here,
let the prophecy unfold
today.

No need for all these tears,
my sisters, I can tell,
the Victory is near,
this is just the First
Farewell.


For any of you who have lost a loved one to cancer, I wish you God's peace.
Kimmy

2 comments:

artteacher@fuse.net said...

Very nice Kim... Thanks

Kim Thomas said...

Thanks, Diane. I hope to see you next time I'm in Cougar Kitten country. I remember you were a kitten, too :)