is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

With the arrival of Autumn, when school re-begins and choirs begin preparing for Advent, I get excited.  It means my theatre friends will be throwing great costume parties and I can pretend I like football for a few months until basketball returns to Rupp Arena, just four blocks to the west of me. 

This Fall, I have promised myself to forgive my siblings and myself for all the Thomas infighting that has gone on the past year since baby brother Tom died.  I have promised to focus on the good and let go of the bad.

With each leaf that tumbles to the ground, I pray that I too may be able to retire my soul someday in such a whirling but gentle way.  I pray that my death will be quick and painless, that I won't linger and burden anyone.  I pray that my life will be remembered as one of a peacemaker.  Yes, I do pray with each leaf that falls.  It is that often that I need to pray; I am not perfect, and although I am in the most beautiful of Seasons, my life-cycle isn't always a pretty scene. It is filled with storms and tornadoes and the rising and falling of streams of luck -- both good and bad -- and yet every day, the sun sets more gorgeously as the day before.  The sunsets are lovely reminders that every day is a new day and blessed are those who fall asleep in hope of resurrection. 

A very dear and sweet friend gave birth to twins earlier in the week and today I grieve the loss of one of those precious babies from This Life; and I pray for baby's twin sister to take a turn for the better soon.  No matter how bad my life is, no matter how poor I am, no matter how badly my heart breaks because I fell in love with the wrong guy (again), nothing is as sad as the suffering of children.  I know God is watching and is keeping my friend in His embrace, I know God will give us all strength, and I know God forgives me for being a less than perfect Kimmy. 

Today is World Communion Sunday, and as I listened to worship earlier, I realized that thousands of people are remembering their baptisms today, remembering their first communions, remembering that Jesus came to save us, not to condemn us.  That is my hope and prayer, at least. 

Pray for peace, people everywhere!

No comments: