is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Friday, September 25, 2015

Friday Night's Alright...

It has been over a month since I discovered a stress fracture in my ankle.  I went to various doctors, xrays were taken, and I even had an MRI on my foot. 

The doc put me in an aircast, told me to stay off my foot, and so I stayed home and did a lot of thinking.  I have decided that thinking can sometimes lead to bad actions.  I think if I can temper my thinking with prayer, things may turn out a bit nicer in the long run. 

Tonight is Friday, though, and I haven't been out on a Friday in a long, long while. I met a cute guy online, but he is taking his sweet time getting to know me, and that's just fine with me.  I'd rather find out if he's a fool or genius before meeting him face to face anyway.  The cool part is he gets my jokes, and he likes to DANCE!  Yee to the haw.  Finally met a guy who likes to dance. Now if I can just get my foot well enough to waltz...

So what's a mother to do?  I am cooking myself a nice vindaloo dinner, spackling on a pretty face, and taking the trolley to CCI to hear my friends play lovely music. I might even play a game of pinball! (gasp)  I am ignoring the lady down the hallway who writes notes and puts them under my door -- pages and pages of notes -- about the Bible and how she KNOWS her Bible. Well, ladybug, I really don't give a rat's ass if you know the Bible.  I really care, though, about how you treat others.  I care if you are judgmental.  I care if you know that God loves us all -- even you, who are so judgmental.  I care if you don't try to kill me with legalistics.  Legalism is what killed Jesus.  We have to stop cherry picking the Bible and declaring that only what we believe is what is right. 

I know I am going to stop doing that.  I know that the overriding themes of the new testament are that a) God loves us b) He loves us so much he sent his Son to save us and c) we are not worthy, but God forgives us and loves us anyway. 

As the Pope says, "Who am I to judge?"

No comments: