is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Friday, April 10, 2015

Derby Blogs Begin as Mint Juleps Bloom



Oh, DANNY BOY, you are an INTERNATIONAL STAR – go on, be an UPSTART, shun MATERIALITY and CARPE DIEM!   

Don’t be intimidated by ITSAKNOCKOUT or OCHO OCHO OCHO and his WAR STORY.  

Can you believe there is a horse that may possibly be a Derby contender (albeit number 61 on current list) named Danny Boy?  

Who wouldn't love a sweet horse named Carpe Diem?  

Who should you bet on for the Derby and Oaks and what should you drink and where can you get the best juleps?  

Oh, I'll let you know ALLLL about that, trust me, an out of work bartender who just got laid off from a constipation call center.  What better requirements could you want for racing advice?  :)



I may have fallen behind in my blogging of late, but when the mint starts falling into the julep cups, it's time to get out the Derby part of my brain and start blogging about Churchill hopefuls.  

So, you have been warned. I will be seeking out pix and posts from the experts who are also longtime friends of mine to divulge only the most interesting details about these fantastic creatures that are so powerful yet so fragile.  I will record Run for the Roses and post my video here if my computer will allow me to do so.  I will tell you things that have absolutely nothing 'official' to do with handicapping.  I have ridiculous reasoning for betting horses and I swear they work for me; the question is, will they work for you, too, lambsies?  I hope so! 
 
For all those drinking hatorade instead of juleps, I do have some Thoroughbred experience, I have written a weekly column for The Thoroughbred Record, worked for equine photographer Enzina Mastrippolito at several Derbys, and currently happily write for Ace Weekly and Hamburg Journal -- so grab a copy of one of those magazines, and brag that ya know me! lollyKimmy

  

No comments: