is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Jenny Christian Returns As Carriage House Is Being Staged for The 10-Minute Playfest!

As most of you know, I have at least six jobs that I love and hate ... and then they love and hate me. One of those jobs that I love is being a standardized patient at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, where I meet cool actor types, and we spend our 'down' time catching up on their latest shows.

Last Fall, actor-director-producer Jenny Christian was one of those theatre folk with whom I worked, and we talked about her break from her studies and what she was producing. Well, Jenny went back to London and got her degree, and now Bob Singleton, Papa of 10-Minute Play Festivals, tells me she is directing one of the short plays that will be performed at the Carriage House this week.

I told Jenny that the last time I had seen her she was just back from England on break from East 15 Acting School, directing THE GUYS by Anne Nelson at centered on North Ashland. What's happened since? She tells me she returned to London, "and finished my studies toward my MFA in Directing for Theatre, after which I fit in a bit of travel and then returned to Lexington earlier this summer."

With the Carriage House as the venue of the upcoming playfest later this week, Christian advises she has been in the audience at the Carriage House (a charming theatre where there's not one bad seat in the house), "but this is the first time I've worked with Studio Players."

After years of studying over there ask? "The producers contacted me and asked if I was interested in participating in the 10 Minute Play Festival."She is directing a play called "How About Cannons? by David Vazdauskas.
Christian has worked with one of the main actors, veteran Lexington performer Chris Rose on stage before and is looking forward to directing him in this venture.

No comments: