is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hole-y Moley

A few years ago, I found a curious stone with a hole in the middle of it. It looked very similar to the stone you see in the photo to the left, item b.

I saw it right away, on the bank of the river, and showed it to my friend as I picked it up. My friend said that holed stones such as this are found all the time there, along with arrowheads and other Native American artifacts. 



I brought it home and have admired it ever since. 


If I look through the hole, which appears to me to have been drilled, I can see everything much more clearly. I have also found through a smattering of google-investigation that these stones were considered to have magical qualities, and perhaps one could peer into the future by looking through the hole. 




Also, I understand that if I put it on a ribbon and hang it over my bed, my nightmares will go away, according to legend.

Now, I believe in a higher power, and I believe that God loves everyone, despite their belief system. I believe God blessed the native people of our country in many ways, and gave them knowledge that perhaps we shall never grasp, we descendants of the settlers who invaded their home.



So now the question is: what do I do with the holed stone? I have read that if I soak it in water, place it under the moon for 9 minutes - 9 is a healing number - and then remove the stone, I can then use the water as "holey water" to bless myself for healing. Hmmm...it's been soaking in the south window all day, and I reckon that's going to probably have to do. I will remove the rock and keep the water just in case ... but the stones in these pictures, are they not just fascinating to observe? And to think that I was simply going to just pick it up and place it on the coffee table! I'm glad I have given it some time to sink in, this stone. Sometimes I don't always realize signs when they come to me...and that's okay. I don't have to have instant gratification. I have learned to slow down on this little voyage, so I can enjoy the ride.


As I have spoken here before, I am journeying on a path to healing and forgiveness...I need all the healing moments I can get.  Tonight, I ask for the Spirit to move me to do the right thing today, and always...and the same Spirit that formed the rock and its unique-ness, to be with me now, and be with me tomorrow as I face a new day. 


I hope your week is being kind to you. 


Thanks for reading my rambling.

No comments: