is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I have a huge week before me, one play to see, one to shadow, two concerts and three CDs to preview...and a book to read and cover.  Apart from all that, I have to continue to try and find a job and a way to pay for my expenses.

I have the rent covered, the cable and phone bills are paid, but I cannot possibly afford the medication I've been prescribed, and so I find myself choosing between that which is absolutely necessary for me to live and the pharmaceuticals that will help me live a more normal life, i.e., a life without the persistent pain and weakness that is so debilitating.  

Call me crazy, but I can't live a normal life if I am in constant agony.  I'm forced to circumvent the activities that in the past would have kept my quality of life on an even keel...I have to pretend that I feel okay, though, and be thankful that I can afford a bottle of Tylenol from the Dollar Tree.

However, I am not having a pity party tonight. I am, after all, grateful to have a roof over my head and a safe place to sleep, food on the table, and the benefits to which I am entitled for having worked for decades, sometimes two jobs at a time, to survive.  Yes, I am thankful...I just wish people who judge those of us who are living in poverty would realize how hard we work to be as broke as we are. 

pray for peace,
Kimmy



No comments: