is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TOMMY's Leif Rigney Exposes His Sick Side


Since I have covered BCTC's theatrical productions over the past few years, I have seen the work of Leif Rigney. He unfailingly comes through with solid performances, but the guy definitely gives you the vibe that he's just a tad bit off-kilter...and all I can say about that is ... good for him! (Decorum's loss is our gain :)

[Note: Behind every player in Tommy: The Concert there is a cool story ... so please do check back and see what else I discovered when I dropped in on rehearsals for this musical extravaganza that opens this week at Buster's. Of course, all photos are courtesy of Tommy Eisenhauer, who absolutely is the best friend a writer (and the Arts community) could ever have!  kjt]

At yesterday's rehearsal for AGL's Tommy: The Concert, my photographer pal, Tom Eisenhauer and I were really enjoying the whole show, tapping our toes, playing air guitar in our heads, mouthing the words, singing the harmonies - all the fun things you do when you are audience to a quality show...but when Leif appeared as Uncle Ernie, I looked at Eisenhauer, and he grinned from ear to ear.

That's because Rigney takes a risk when he's on-stage, he has no shame - and so he quickly grabs the attention of anyone sitting in the audience. You just can't help but watch him and laugh at his antics.  


After his give-you-the-willies scene with Adam Fister (Tommy), he exited over by me, and with a totally straight face, clad in his Spongebob underwear, drolly revealed, "My motto is 'No shame. No pride. No dignity!' "  Without blinking an eye, Director Eric Seale then cracked, "nothing says child molester more than Nickelodeon boxer shorts."  

Well done, Eric. 

Well done, Leif.  Everyone's going to la-la-la-LOVE this creepy character.

No comments: