is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Derby's Dean's Kitten: Here, Kitty, Kitty


DEAN'S KITTEN has raced his little heart out. He ran 11 races in the last 13 months, won 3 times - finished in the money 6 times.  He is the most-raced horse in the 136th running of the Kentucky Derby taking place tomorrow at Churchill Downs.

In late March, he won the 1.125 mile Grade II Lane's End Stakes, proving he can run the long distance and win.  He is considered by some to be the longest shot on the board (then again, so was MINE THAT BIRD).

DEAN'S KITTEN is by KITTEN'S JOY, out of SUMMER THEATRE.  

What I like about this horse:  He's a longshot, which tells me he has a chance of winning the Derby since the favorite rarely wins...also, the name of his sire's dam's dam is THAT'S MY HON.  I know, that's going pretty far back into the pedigree, but it trotted itself out and I can't ignore it.  My friends and I call each other "Hon"  - and I suspect we are not the only ones who do that, but it's fun nonetheless. 

No comments: