is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Gentle On My Mind

On my mind tonight are so many issues, I cannot whittle them down to one. I am happy to be connected again to the core of what makes me tick.  I am overjoyed to have celebrated the Easter holiday with my lovely sisters. I am elated that my choir is as glorious as it ever was, but even better, if that is at all possible. I am still smiling over the new friends I have met in my new life as a community organizer. I am feeling very loved and what's better, I feel as if I am capable of loving with a greater capacity for acceptance and temperance.

My friends who embrace the concept of feng shui will be proud of me for letting some old worn out ideas and associations go their own way. As I have said before, all of my friends are my BFFs. They are all my best friends, forever.  I don't label them as gay, as married, as black, as white - I don't do it. It's wrong to do that, it hurts people's feelings, it accentuates the 'me, me, me' attitudes, and not the Beatitudes...because in the kingdom of God, there will be no distinction between Gentile or Jew, woman or man - we are all just children of our Creator.  We are Lambchops.

There are numerous reasons for me, and for you, to be happy.  So, be happy, lambchops. If you can at any moment of any day realize that there is a blessing in your life, hug that thought and keep it close to your heart. When we feed the gentle voice within us, we are capable of kindness, of generosity, of love. 


No comments: