is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bluegrass Stakes Day, 2010

I am at Keeneland watching the crowds jockeying for position.  It's great fun...and I'm not blogging a whole lot about it because I have a lot of work to do today.  

You know when I say "photos courtesy of Photos by Z? Well the lady with the Cheshire cat grin here is the one, the only Z.  She had been at Keeneland since o'dark early, taking pictures and working with her crew all day when I snapped this; it was just after the Bluegrass Stakes race (there were four, count 'em, four stakes races today at Keeneland) and she still managed to smile for me.  I'm so lucky to know someone like Z - I hope you do, too.  We all need friends who are smart and loyal and fun.  

I was ready to go home at that point, and so I did.  I had a great day, cashed an exacta (1-5 yeehaw!) and despite the stoopit cigar burn on my hand, I yam feeling finer than frog's hair tonight. 

Resting my feet, drinking a glass of wine, and praying for peace. 

Soon, I will be picking up speed and following the Derby contenders a little more closely as the sprint for the finish of pre-Derby racing...which otter be pretty soon. 



So stay tuned, lambchops.  I'll be back soon...I promise.

No comments: