is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Monday, February 15, 2010

We hope you will enjoy the show...


I am excited about a few things happening in the arts right now. Well, that's a lie. There are MORE than a few, but I have to start somewhere, right?

First of all, I went to see the Lexington Singers perform on a 'lonely hearts club' concert Saturday night at the Norton Center for the Arts.  The soloists were fabulous, and wowzee, there were four Singers who sang Sgt. Peppers music, all with gorgeously John-and-Paul-sounding voices.  My friends who sing in the Singers, including my sister Karen, my alto buddies Betty Cecil and Anne McGregor and tenor extraordinaire, Mark Kano - all did a splendid job as well! 
Conductor Dr. Jefferson Johnson, entered the stage after the intermission and proceeded to have his musicians bring down the house...and what a lovely house it was!  The Norton Center is so superior to other concert venues for such a performance, I can't really find the words to describe how nice it is. They've remodeled, they've put in ladies' facilities that wrap halfway around the building (!) and there are plenty of nice students standing by to give useful information.  Also, The rows are far enough apart to not have my knees sticking in anyone's back when I am seated, and I'm all about that. 

Oh yeah, and there's valet parking :) 

I have more to say, but I also have more to do before I write about the other efforts being assembled as I type. For example, I am happy to be shadowing the production of Wait Until Dark at the Carriage House, and I'll be showing up at the rehearsal of BCTC's See Jane QUIT!  Both plays are bound to raise a few eyebrows and as Dr. Johnson will tell you, it's ALL about raising the eyebrows!

  

No comments: