is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The tongue is like the rudder of a ship...


I have a confession to make, of sorts.  I have never known a James I didn't like.

The Book of James is my favorite book of the New Testament, my first husband's first name is James (one of my better husbands :), and I have several cool friends named James, so yeah, I never met a James I didn't like.

Somewhere within the third chapter of the Book of James lies an important life lesson; there is a passage about how the tongue is like the rudder of the ship. It can steer us into calm waters and troubled seas and but it can also lead us out of trouble ... and so the message is about how difficult it can be to watch what we say. 

Lately I'm reminded, however, that some people don't care who they hurt by what they say, they just like to hear their own voice, they embellish, they laugh it up at other's expense, they are poor listeners, jump to their own dramatized conclusions...and that's unfortunate, especially if they are so-called friends.

For those folks, I need to be a little more understanding, then...and so I will pray for self control, forgiveness and patience today and tomorrow, because when I forgive, I stop being the victim and become the victor.  

pray for peace,
and quiet :) 
Kimmy

No comments: